Stir Fried Glutinous Rice 生炒糯米飯
1. 1 cup glutinous rice
2. 6-8 dried black mushrooms ( soaked and diced )
3. 2 tablespoons of dried shrimps ( soaked and diced )
4. 1 egg (Beaten)
5. Diced green onion & Ginger 1 1/2 tablespoon each
6. 3 Tbsp deep-fried shallot
7. 1 tsp dark soy sauce (colouring)
1. 1 Tbsp of Shaoxing cooking wine ( Optional )
2. 1 1/2 Tbsp of light soy sauce
3. 1/2 Tbsp of dark soy sauce
4. 1 1/2 tsp of sugar
5. 1 tsp of sesame oil
6. Pinch of white pepper
1. Soak glutinous rice for 2 hours.
3. Sautee mushroom and dried shrimps until fragrant.
4. Add sauce and stir well. Next add ginger and chopped spring onions. Stir fry for a while and set a side.
5. Heat up pan with about 3 Tbsp of oil. Pour glutinous rice and 1/2 cup of water into the pan and stir. Cover the pan with lid for about 2 minutes. Repeat this process about 2 to 3 times until rice is cooked.
6. Once rice is cooked, add all the ingredients prepared in Steps 4 and stir fry until it is well mixed. Add 1 tsp of dark soy sauce and mix well.
7. Turn off the heat and add roasted peanuts.
8. Sprinkle eggs, deep-fried shallots before serving.