Dried Scallops and Chicken Claypot Rice 干贝鸡砂煲饭
It is less time consuming to cook a one dish main. On top of that, you have lesser things to wash. Here is a recipe for a good one dish main. Salted fish is usually added to this dish. Since salted fish is unhealthy, I have replaced it with dried scallops. Adding ginger enhances the taste of the dish.
1. 1 chicken leg or thigh (cut into pieces)
2. 3 big dried scallops (soaked in water until soft)
3. 1 cup of rice (washed and drained)
4. 1/2 tbsp. shredded ginger
Marinade for chicken
1. 1 Tbsp light soya sauce
2. 1/2 tsp salt
3. 1/2 tsp sesame oil
4. Dash of pepper
Sauce for the rice
1. 1 tsp oyster sauce
2. 1 Tbsp light soya sauce
3. 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
4. 2 Tbsp boiling water
5. 1 tbsp fried garlic oil (optional)
6. 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes
2. Cook rice and dried scallops in a claypot until water is slightly dry.
3. Place chicken on top of the rice. Do pour in all the marinade sauce as it will enhance the taste of the rice. Cover and continue to cook until water is dry. (It takes about 10 minutes)
4. Remove from heat and leave covered for 3 minutes. Sprinkle ginger on top and pour over sauce.
You can also use a rice cooker instead of claypot.