Prawns with Mayonnaise and Sriracha Sauce
This dish is inspired by Japanese prawn tempura. Instead of using tempura batter, I use breadcrumbs. To make it healthier, I choose to bake the prawns instead of deep frying them.
Adding sriracha to mayonnaise enhance the taste. The sauce was creamy with a hint of spice.
1. 300g prawns (about 18 prawns)
2. 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
3. 4 tbsp. cornflour
4. 1 egg
5. 2 to 3 tbsp. water
5. 4 tbsp. breadcrumbs
6. 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
1. 4 tbsp. mayonnaise (I prefer Japanese mayonnaise)
2. 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce
3. 1 tsp honey
1. Wash and devine prawns.
2. Marinade prawns with salt and pepper.
|Marinade prawns with salt and pepper|
1. In a large bowl, add cornflour and egg. Mix well.
2. Pour water and mix until the batter is liken to a pancake mix.
(Add more water if batter is too thick. Add more cornflour is batter is too watery.)
3. In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
4. Coat prawns with batter, follow by breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
|Coat prawns with batter|
5. Arrange prawns neatly in a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins in a 200 degree Celsius oven.
(You can deep fry the prawns instead)
|Arrange prawns neatly on the baking tray|
1. Combine mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and honey and mix well.
Before serving, bake prawns for another 5 mins and lay them nicely on a plate. Dip prawns in sauce when eating.
*If the prawns are deep fried, just serve immediately.