Char Siew Chicken Burger

Many people like Kong Bak Bao (扣肉包), but not me.  I like the buns as they are always soft after steaming but I do not like the fatty meat.  I personally felt is too sinful to eat the whole bao.  I decided to create my own version with chicken.  While shopping at the supermarket, I noticed a bottle of char siew sauce.  I recalled how my mum would marinade chicken wings with char siew sauce whenever we had bbq when I was younger.  I bought a bottle home and use it to marinade chicken.





Ingredient.
1.  150g chicken fillet
2.  3 tbsp char siew sauce
3.  1 tbsp sugar
4.  1 packet of bao (the type use for Kong Bak Bao)
5.  1 tsp crushed garlic
6.  some lettuce
7.   pepper to taste


Method

1.  Marinade chicken fillet with char siew sauce, sugar, garlic and pepper overnight.



2.  Pre-heat oven to 200 degree.  Arrange chicken in baking tray and bake for 20 mins or until cooked.

Bake chicken in the oven
3.  While chicken is baking in the oven, steam bao for about 10 mins.

4.  Once chicken and bao are ready, arrange it as shown in the picture.  Enjoy the char siew chicken bao.


Popular Posts