Chocolate Muffin


Muffin is definitely what I will think of when I don't have much time to bake.  This is a basic chocolate muffin recipe which yields 12 muffins.  I would sometimes add chocolate chips, dark chocolate or even nuts to make different variation.  



Ingredients (12 muffins)

1.  220g plain flour (sift)
2.  50g unsweetened cocoa powder (sift)
3.  1 tsp baking soda
4.  1/2 tsp baking powder
5.  180g sugar (or brown sugar)
6.  1 egg
7.  130g melted butter
8.  300g buttermilk*

I make my own buttermilk.

Buttermilk

                 1 1/4 cup of milk (300g) + 1 1/4 tbsp. vinegar or lemon juice

1.  Add vinegar or lemon juice to milk.
2.  Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 min.  It will be slightly thickened and small curdled bits will appear.


Method (Basic Chocolate Muffin)

1.  Mix plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar in a large bowl.
2.  Add egg, melted butter and buttermilk and whisk until combined.



Egg, melted butte and buttermilk are added to the dry ingredients.

3.  Baked in a preheated oven at 200 degree for 10 min.  Lower to 180 degree and bake for another 10 to 15 min or until skewer comes out clean.

I added some chocolate chips and break dark chocolate into small pieces this time.  I filled the paper liners to half and place some pieces of dark chocolate. Then I filled the rest of the paper liners with batter and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.


Adding dark chocolate



Popular Posts