Claypot Cabbage Wrapped Mince Meat 砂煲高丽菜狮子头
This dish is ready delicious. Wrapping mince meat with cabbage brings out the sweetness of cabbage. Scallops add extra flavour to the stock and brings the dish to another level.
1) Cabbage leaves
2) 1 potato (boil and coarsely mashed, leaving some chunks)
3) 300g mince pork
4) 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
6) 1 tsp mince ginger
7) fried shallot
8) 4 to 5 dried scallops
9) 1 bowl stock
10) 1/2 tsp salt
11) 1 tsp soy sauce
How to remove leaves the whole cabbage without breaking it.
1) Remove core of cabbage
2) Pour hot water into the centre of the cabbage. Leaves can be removed easily.
1) Marinade mince pork with soy sauce, pepper, ginger, fried shallot and mashed potato.
2) Form mince pork into balls. Deep fried meatballs . Set meatballs aside when ready
3) Pour stock and add dried scallops into a claypot.
4) Wrap each meatball in a cabbage leaf.
5) Place wrapped meatballs into the claypot. Stock must at least cover half the height of wrapped meatballs.
6) Cover lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
7) Add salt and soy sauce for seasoning and ready to serve.