Simple Fried Rice

Anyone can cook fried rice, but not everyone can cook it well.  I have to admit my fried rice was not very tasty.  I wanted to find out what was wrong with the way I fried my rice.  I noticed that the chef would mix egg yolks with rice before frying them and the reason being egg yolks would absorb moisture from rice.  On top of this, every grain of rice would be covered with egg yolks.  I tried this method and my fried rice was a success.  My rice was not lumpy and every grain of rice was covered with egg yolk.  This recipe I am sharing here is the basic for all fried rice.  You can add other ingredients such as carrot, ham, prawns etc.  You can also do the DTF resturant style by topping it with pork chop. 




Ingredients (Serve 2)
1.  2 bowls of cooked rice
2.  2 egg yolks
3.  2 egg whites
4.  1 cup spring onion
5.  2 tbsp soy sauce (adjust to taste)
6.  pepper and sesame oil

Method
1)  Mix rice with egg yolks.
2)  Heat pan with about 2 tbsp oil.  Pour in egg white and scramble.
3)  Add spring onions and stir fry until fragrant.  Set aside.

4)  Fry rice in the same pan. Do not press rice, simply stir fry rice
5)  Add egg white and spring onion.
6)  Add soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil. 
7)  Serve with fried shallots.


Adding other ingredients
Ingredients have to be cooked before hand.  Add them at step 3.


Popular Posts