Mango Pomelo Sago with Mango Juice 杨枝甘露
I love mango pomelo sago. The minimum price of a small bowl of this dessert is $3.50 and it is not even up to standard. The best mango pomelo sago I have ever eaten is at Hong Kong. I couldn't find any mango pomelo sago here that is comparable with the ones in Hong Kong. After trying a few recipes, this recipe is the best. I made it for my colleagues and everyone gave me a thumb up. This recipe is really worth trying.
1. 500 ml Mango juice
2. 150 ml evaporated milk
3. 2 mangoes
4. 80g sago pearls
5. 1/6 pomelo (of course you can add more pomelo if you want)
* peel and separate sacs
1. Soak sago for about 30 mins. Cook in boiling water until translucent.
Run the cooked sago through a sieve and running water to remove excess starch, then set aside.
2. Cut mango into small cubes.
3. Blend mango cubes together with evaporated milk in a blender.
4. Pour mango puree and sago into mango juice and stir well.
5. Serve with some mango cubes, and pomelo.