Creamy Broccoli Soup Without Cream
Whenever I am on diet, I would patronise The Soup Spoon for a wholesome meal. I aim to go on diet this week before going to Hong Kong. Broccoli soup will be on my diet menu. This recipe is healthy but yet creamy.
1. 400g broccoli (cut into florets)
2. 1 1/2 large potato or 1 large and 1 small potatoes (small chunks)
3. 2 stalks celery (chopped)
4. 1/2 brown onion (chopped)
5. 1 chicken stock cube
6. Salt and Pepper to taste
7. 1 litre water
1. Heat a soup pan with olive oil. Cook potatoes, celery and onions for about 5 mins or until there is a change of colour. Add salt and pepper while cooking.
2. Add broccoli, water and chicken stock cube. Give it a stir to solve chicken stock cube. Simmer in low heat for about 30 mins or until broccoli and potatoes turn tender.
3. Blend it with blender. (Add some cream if you like your soup to be more creamy)
4. Serve with crouton or garlic bread.