Coke Chicken Wings 可乐鸡翅
When I told my hubby I wanted to cook coke chicken wings, his comment was "How can you cook something with coke?" After he tasted the chicken wings, he gave me two thumbs up.
In this recipe, coke is used as the base of the simmering sauce, which tenderises the chicken wings. The sugar in coke cameralises the wings. The result is delicious, tender chicken wings with a sweet & sticky glaze.
1. 10 chicken wings
2. 1/3 cups spring onions (cut into sections)
3. 3 slices ginger
4. 2 Tbsp cooking wine
5. 1 can coke
6. 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
7. 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
8. dash of pepper
1. Wash and dry chicken wings.
2. Pan fry chicken wings until both sides turn golden brown and set them aside.
|Pan fry chicken wings until golden brown|
|Chicken wings do not have to be thoroughly cooked.|
3. Add spring onions and ginger to the heated pan and stir fry until fragrant.
4. Add chicken wings, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, cooking wine, coke and pepper into the wok.