Coffee Ogaru Cake
1. 5 egg yolks
2. I whole egg
3. 60 ml fresh milk
4. 50 ml oil (I use canola oil)
5. 70 g cake flour
6. A pinch of salt
Part (B) ..meringue
1. 5 egg whites
2. 70 g sugar
3. 1/2 tsp cream of tar tar
Coffee : 3 tsp coffee powder + 1/2 tsp coco powder mixed with 1 tbsp. hot water
1. Combine oil, milk, salt, egg yolk and whole egg in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Fold in sieved flour until well blended.
Part B : Merigue
1. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add cream of tar tar and gradually add in sugar in 3 parts.
2. Whisk until stiff peak.
A + B
1. Mix 1/3 egg whites to Part A. Mix the rest of the egg whites to Part A.
2. Divide batter into half.
3. Pour 1/2 into 8 inch baking tin.
4. Pour in coffee mix into the rest of the batter and stir well. Gently pour batter into baking tin.
1. Steam bake in a preheated oven of 160 degree celsicus for about 60 mins or stick comes out clean.
2. Remove from oven and invert the cake. Let it cool upside down on the cooling rack.
3. Slice and serve