What do you do if you have some overripe bananas? You can bake a loaf of banana bread. Banana bread is not only easy to bake, it is healthy as well. Mixer is not required. You only need 2 big bowls, a whisk and a rubber spatula or wood spoon. It is better to use overripe banana as it is softer and sweeter.
Ingredients (loaf tin : 9 x 5 x 3 inch)
1. 230g all purpose flour
2. 150g sugar
3. 1 tsp baking powder
4. 1/4 tsp baking soda
5. 1/4 tsp salt (If you are using salted butter, omit the salt)
6. 1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. 3 bananas (mashed)
2. 2 eggs
3. 1/2 cup (113g) melted butter
4. 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven (180 degree Celsius)
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
|Combine all dry ingredients in a big bowl.|
2. In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and whisk well.
3. Pour the combined wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and lightly fold the mixture with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
|Combine dry and wet ingredients|
|Ready to go into the oven.|
5. Baked for 55 to 60 min in 180 degree celsius oven or until the toothpick comes out clean after inserted in the center.
|Delicious banana bread|