Spicy Korean Style Chicken
What else can we do with soda besides drinking it. I shared a recipe on Coke Chicken Wings previously. Now it is time to share a recipe using 7-up (or you can use Sprite too). The cooking method is somewhat similar to braising in this recipe. Some people might feel that chicken will be tough if it is cooked again after pan frying. Do not worry about it as 7-up will tenderize chicken.
1. 200g chicken (cut into bite-size)
Alternatively, you can use chicken wings too. But remember to separate the drumette and wingette .
2. Some spring onions
3. Some sesame seeds (toasted)
1. 200ml 7-up
2. 1 tbsp. gochujiang
3. 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
4. some sesame oil
|Mix all the ingredients for sauce in a bowl|
1. Pan fry chicken pieces until brown.
2. Pour in sauce and chopped spring onions and cover the pot. Allow it to cook for about 5 mins or until sauce evaporates.
3. Before serving, sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.