Pan Fry Pork Chop and Baked Potatoes with Herbs
Usually I would coat pork chop with bread crumbs and deep fry it. This time, I did not want to use too much oil so I pan fry pork chop instead. I topped with baked potatoes as I had some potatoes left and wanted to finished them. Potatoes wedges will be soft inside and crunchy outside when wedges are steamed before baking them.
1) 300g pork chop (about 4 pieces)
2) 1/4 tsp salt
3) 1 tsp sugar
4) 1 tbsp cornstarch
5) 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
6) 1/4 tsp baking soda
7) 1 tbsp. water
8) 1 tbsp. oil
9) 1 tbsp. Shaoxing wine
1) 2 large potatoes
2) 1 tsp mixed herbs
3) 2 tsp salt (1 tsp salt for steaming, 1 tsp for baking)
4) 1 tsp black pepper
5) 1 tbsp. olive oil
1) Wash pork chop and pat dry. Use meat hammer to tenderize meat.
2) Marinade pork chop with all the ingredients for 20 minutes.
3) Pan fry pork chop
1) Peel and cut potatoes into wedges.
2) Sprinkle 1 tsp salt on wedges and steam potatoes until soft.
3) Transfer potatoes to a baking tray. Add olive oil and sprinkle mixed herbs, salt and pepper and mix it well.