Stir Fry Vegetarian Udon (Yaki Udon)
This is an easy stir fry udon, my version of Yaki udon, recipe. I used only onion, carrot, red pepper because I only had those in my fridge. You can use any type of vegetables but onion is a must as it add sweetness to the udon. To make it more interesting, you can also add shrimp and meat.
1) 1 small onion
2) 1 carrot
3) 3 to 4 shiitake mushrooms
4) 2 tsp minced garlic
5) udon (The big pack I bought has 3 individually packed udon in it.)
6) 3 tbsp. soy sauce
7) 1 tbsp. sugar
8) 1/2 tbsp. vinegar
9) 1/5 cup water
10) sesame oil and pepper
1) Stir fry all the vegetables of your choice.
2) Once the vegetables are cooked, add minced garlic and fry for a while.
3) Add soy sauce, sugar and vinegar and stir fry.
4) Add udon and pour in water and let it simmer. Separate udon with chopsticks. (Adding water allows udon to be cooked.)
|Separate udon with chopsticks|