|Delicious round-shaped churros|
Here is a easy to follow recipe. I would say it is a one-pot recipe. You can enjoy your churros anytime if you have a craving for it now.
1 cup water
½ cup or 113g butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 cup or 143g) plain flour/ all purpose flour
3 eggs, at room temperature
4 tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp salt
1, Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Place two baking sheets on top of each other to bake the churros. This protects your delicate pastry. Line parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, add water, sugar, salt and butter. Place over medium-high heat.
3. Once butter is melted and mixture starts to simmer, whisk in the flour. Whisk until there are no flour lumps and a dough ball has formed.
4. Stir the dough around the pot with a wooden spoon and cook it for about a minute over low heat. Then take it off the heat and set aside.
5. In a bowl, combine eggs and vanilla extra and whisk together.
|3 eggs with vanilla extra|
6. Add a egg mixture into your dough gradually. Stir and mash, breaking up the dough until loosened. Stir well until eggs are incorporated and mixture has the appearance of mashed potatoes.
|Add egg mixture in batches|
|Mix until dough likes like mashed potatoes|
7. Transfer your dough to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
8. Pipe dough into long churros on the parchment-covered pans. (I make a batch of round-shaped churros. Feel free to use your imagination to make different shapes)
*Leave about 2 inches of space between the churros.
8. Bake for around 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. THEN turn off the oven and leave them in there for 10 minutes to dry a little. This step helps them keep their shape and not going flat once they cool.
9. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a container or zip lock bag.
10. Take the churros straight from the oven and toss them in the Roll churros in mixture until well covered. It is best to do this when the churros are warm and fresh from the oven.