Ma Po Tofu 麻婆豆腐
Mapo tofu is a famous Sichuan dish. It has a spicy, pungent, and appetizing flavor that goes perfectly with steamed rice. Sichuan peppercorn powder is usually used in this dish. I have replaced it with black pepper as it is easily available. Replacing peppercorn powder with black pepper would mean there will not be any numbness or you will not have the ' 麻' feeling. However, the dish still taste great.
1. 1 box of silken tofu (cut into cubes)
2. 100g minced pork
3. 1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
4. 1 tbsp. hot bean paste
5. 1/2 bowl chicken stock
6. 1 tbsp. minced ginger
7. 1 tbsp. minced garlic
8. 1/2 tsp soy sauce
9. 1/2 tsp sugar
10. some black pepper
11. 1 tsp sesame oil
12. cornstarch water (1 tsp cornstarch + some water)
1. Blanch tofu in boiling water (add some salt to the boiling water)
2. Stir fry minced pork
3. Push cooked minced pork to the side of the wok. Stir fry hot bean paste in the same pot until fragrant and stir in the minced pork.
4. Add minced ginger and garlic and stir for a while. Add stock and mix well.
8. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.