Bread pudding is an easy dessert to make. It is also an excellent way to get rid of your stale bread. You can have it warm or cold. I like mine warm and I will usually top it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. 6 slices of bread
2. 2 eggs (beaten )
3. 2 tablespoons of butter
4. 1 cup of milk
5. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6. 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
7. 3/4 cup of sugar
8. 1/2 cup of raisin (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 °C or 350°F
2. Break bread into small pieces into a baking pan or casserole dish.
3. Sprinkle some raisins if you desire.
4. Beat eggs into a big bowl. Add milk, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix well.
5. Pour mixture over bread. Lightly push bread down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking in mixture.
6. Bake in the pre-heat oven for about 45 mins or until the top springs back when lightly tap.
For healthier version, you can replace sugar with 6 tablespoons of honey.