I use vegetable stock in some of my cooking. It is healthier to make your own stock than buying from the supermarket. My daughter does not like to eat vegetable. Using vegetable stock is one of the ways I use 'camouflage' vegetable. I always tell her "All good things in a pot." She will drink the soup without complaining.
1. 2 stalks celery (cut into small pieces)
2. 1/2 white onion (diced)
3. 4 mushroom (any type)
4. 2 carrot ( cut into pieces)
5. some herbs
6. 3 cloves garlic (minced)
7. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8. 10 cups of water
9. 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Sautee onion and garlic.
2. Add celery, carrots and mushrooms. Cook for about 10 mins until soften.
3. Add herbs, pepper and stir well.
4. Add water and cook for about 1 hour.
5. Add salt to taste.
1. You can freeze the stock if you want to use in the next few days.